Wednesday, December 30, 2015

SharePoint Integration Mode SSRS : Permissions granted to user are insufficient for performing this operation

Hi There,

Its December 30 2015 12:30 PM and my team has to show demo to client at 02:00 PM. Received a call from my team that editing a data source from a SharePoint list is throwing an error. Wow, that's critical and i would love to fix this. I quickly googled and tried every solution i found on first page but didn't work.

"Google says, the best place to hide a dead body is on google's second search page."

So i navigated to move ahead with search on second page and found this awesome post that fixed my issue. I took the below steps which didn't helped me.

1. My permissions was OK on reporting DB,s
2. The account i am using for editing the data source was the system account
3. Restarted the SQL Server Reporting Services in SharePoint CA

BTW, i am running SharePoint 2013 in a three tier farm architecture with SSRS SharePoint Integration Mode. Below are the error details...

The permissions granted to user ‘domain\username’ are insufficient for performing this operation. —> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.AccessDeniedException: The permissions granted to user ‘domain\username’ are insufficient for performing this operation.


This could be caused if your SSRS account has not been granted access to the web application. I ran below commands in PowerShell which worked perfectly fine for me.


$webApp = Get-SPWebApplication –Identity http://WebAppURL.com
$webApp.GrantAccessToProcessIdentity("Domain\ReportsServiceAccount")


Enjoy...!

Happy SharePointnig...! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment